Every freelancer must have a profitable skill.
Freelancing in itself isn’t a skill.
It is an approach.
The actual skill you will sell through this approach must have these 4 attributes:
- It must be a skill with digital value. In other words, there are digital products that cannot survive or exist without your skill.
- It must be easy to outsource. If it’s something that business owners have to do by themselves, then it’s not viable.
- It must be part of a working system. For example, writing landing page copy is part of the sales and marketing system.
- It must have a price element. Can it be priced per hour or per project?
Writers have the biggest field to play in because there are many aspects of content that have these 4 attributes.
- Scripting advert videos.
- Scripting YouTube videos.
- Scripting Podcasts.
- Transcribing and translating speeches.
- Writing adverts.
- Writing taglines and slogans.
- Writing product descriptions for Amazon, Shopify, Airbnb, and other listings.
- Nurturing audiences with blogs and newsletters.
- Writing email sequences.
- Writing books/ebooks.
- Creating guides and product manuals.
- Writing brand stories.
- Writing social media captions that engage.
- Creating community engagement with content.
- Helping service providers describe their products.
- Writing business plans and pitch decks.
- Grant writing
- Social media bios and dating profile.
- YouTube video descriptions.
- Course content writing.
Do you have a skill that has these 4 attributes? If yes, would you like to access a course that teaches you how to start selling this skill online?
I’m a writer and a freelancer, I offer coaching resources for both.
Check out my store for ebooks and courses that can help you grow your profitability!