A lot of businesses create content without a clear strategy in mind. Having a great story is not always enough to attract customers and make sales.
If all you needed was a nice story, marketing wouldn’t be such a headache. Admittedly, not everyone knows how to tell a great story. Yet, I could be moved to tears by your story and still not know what to do after crying.
Converting emotions and stories to actionable steps is delicate art that must be mastered. There’s one critical story element you need to understand and that’s what this post is all about.
Why are business owners frustrated with their content marketing? Why are you wasting so much money on blogs, website traffic, and adverts yet getting zero results?
Are Your Sales Plummeting?
Stop what you are doing and restrategize!
Stop jumping around. Algorithms will not save you! Paying influencers will not revive your sinking business.
We all know what matters most are sales! Not likes or comments or shares. So how do you make those sales?
A few days ago, I tweaked something on a marketing platform that gave me sale that was worth 5 times my typical daily sales. I didn’t pay for extra ads or write new content. All I changed was my offerings.
If you don’t have a list of your products, services, and magnetic offerings then writing is a waste of time. Purposeful content writing becomes truly effective when it aligns with brand goals and offerings.
Douglas Phillips shared some insightful thoughts about content offers. He says Content offers are a cornerstone of inbound marketing. Having an amazing content offer for your company can help you get leads, build trust with your target clients/customers, and keep your brand front and center in the minds of business leads who download it.
Great content offers are educational, helpful, optimized and relevant to readers. You want to be able to hit the nail on the head with the offers you create. While creating business offers you need to do your homework; understand what experts are saying about customer needs.
In fact, what are you talking about if not the needs of your ideal customer? Just stop rambling for a bit and let your brand speak!
Hey, have you joined my Digital Brand Story Marketing course?
Before You Create Content
A few things you must be able to do before creating content offers are:
- Know your customer and their problems.
- Check and evaluate all the content you have been creating for relevance.
- Make sure you have topics that speak to your market.
- Now you can hire a content writer to help you. Also, experts in your field could help you by providing the content they already have.
- Write offers. Turn them into stories. This is called copywriting.
- Edit for errors. Make sure you are not missing out any angles in your offer.
- Create landing pages and make your call to actions fail-proof. Don’t just write content that leads nowhere. Build a campaign around your content offers.
For you to record more sales, then you need to create products. It’s not just about writing sweet stories online and driving traffic to blogs. Create magnetic offers.
Have you downloaded my free Canva design guide? Do that now.
Content Marketing Offers that Work
Here’s a list of tested content offers you should be creating:
- Workbooks: Help people work out a problem in a template.
- Ebooks: Explain how to do something in ebooks.
- Whitepapers: Address major industry problems with expert facts and information.
- Cheat Sheets
- Resources List
- Written Content
- Spreadsheets (the highest converting offering according to Noah Kagan)
- Q&A Sections
- Venn Diagrams
- Original Data and Research
- Weekly Planners
- In-Depth Lessons / Video tutorials / Courses / Webinars
- Case Studies
- PDF Packs
- Email Series – finite number of emails
- Email Subscriptions – the emails keep coming unless you unsubscribe
- Free apps
Use these offers as Product launches, Discount Offers, Sales Promotions, and Special Event offerings.
They are guaranteed lead magnets that would appeal to your market. Don’t just push valuable information out without plans to capture the market. Stop wasting money on target ads when you have no business offers.
If you are hiring a content writer, make sure they know what offers you are creating for your online market. This will save you a lot of stress and pain!
Have I helped you today? Please share this article with a friend. Thanks.
Powered by Facebook Comments