My life is like a freight train, it sometimes has an open roof and people dump their refuse while I pass by. Imagine night train passing through a lonely town. The people don’t have waste disposal systems and there are no waste collectors, so they stand by the rail line, eagerly waiting for the freight train at night.
The train slows down “CLING CLONG CLING CLONG” and then like bugs, parasites; they perch on the sides of the Carriage and fling their rubbish on to the train. The gullible driver, rides on none the wiser!
1. You must not spend your days so involved that you fill it up with everyone’s agenda except your own. Have your own plans!
2. Do not take rest stops because you think everyone does so, don’t visit a friend because you think everyone is doing so. They may just hand you your next problem!
3. Strange Admirers always have motives, they eagerly wait for you to arrive, they perch on you like mosquitoes and fleece you of the little time you have.
4. Strange Admirers are the ones you have hardly known but they already love everything about you, it never lasts long.
5. Every human comes with a load of baggage and fights, you cannot be part of everyone’s battles. Pick the battles that affect you directly and let every other one slide.
6. One minute you are here and the next minute you are gone, life is too fleeting to attach importance to everything, everyone, every place. Be deliberate about what you allow in your limited time!
7. Don’t wave to the stragglers, they always have stories to tell. Rumour mongers always know something that happened to someone that started somewhere…… and on and on till half of life is spent on Idle chatter.
8. Gain momentum when things go downhill, the rail is fastest when the coach seems to be nosediving.
9. No one cares about you as much as they care about their rubbish, their need to transfer aggression, ill-feelings, burdens, usually outweighs whatever time and energy loss that it would cost you to participate in their drama. This is why everyone thinks every one else should learn to be “loyal”, don’t trade loyalty for freedom.
10. Pay your dues, society develops the rail line, it is important only to take a break when you have to give back to society.
These are ideals that cut across religious and cultural differences, they would make a stronger person of you. It is not important so much to be influential as it is to be free, to be happy till death takes us.
I hope you have a great weekend as it approaches, drop your comments and tell me what you love about this post and any other wise thoughts that would help my friends to live happier lives.